Sunday, June 21, 2009

A New Kit and Lots to Share

You’d better plan to be here everyday this week, because I have lots of good stuff to share! Each day through Thursday I’m going to be sharing a great kit from another designer with you, plus releasing my new freebie kit for you! Are you ready!?!?!? (Keep going to the end for the freebie!)

So first up is a new kit from Steph, Scrappy Cocoa, called Wild Thing! I used pictures of my niece from our recent family vacation. That little bugger can be a Wild Thing! This is actually a collab with Nicole of Digi-Designs by Nicole, so make sure you hit both places to get the entire thing!

Here is my layout:

WT-TaylorSplash

And here is the preview for Steph’s portion of the kit:

SC_WT_Preview

How fun is that!

So, now on to my new freebie. I’ve called this one Grandma’s House. I recently lost my maternal Grandmother and my paternal Grandmother died in 1997. They were both special ladies (as all Grandmas are) each in their own way. I decided to a kit with the colors and things that reminded me of them both. It was funny how, as I started to make notes, they both liked similar colors and even some similar things! In the end, this is the kit that was born. I’ve done a layout of each of them with this kit to share with you this week. I also have a great layout from my friend Chrissy who will show you (probably tomorrow), how great this kit is for “non-Grandma” things too!

First, here is my layout:

GrandmaTena

My Grandma Tena loved tea, and all her children (and I think most of us grandchildren) learned to drink it. We would always have it whenever we went to visit her, and this poem reminded me of time my mother and I spent with her drinking tea and visiting. Grandma lived to be 96 and always said she had a good life and was never unhappy. She had the most amazing faith I have ever witnessed, and I’m so thankful for having her as a part of my life for so many years.

Finally, here is the preview of the kit. When you click on it, you will get to download the papers today. Tomorrow will be elements, then the alpha and some Word Art on Wednesday. Finally, on Thursday you’ll get a QP or two! :)

Without further ado, I present Grandma’s House.

JWDS_GH_Preview

**LINK EXPIRED**

7 comments:

  1. Very Pretty!!! I have to remember to come back her for the rest!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very Pretty!!! I have to remember to come back her for the rest!

    ReplyDelete
  3. REally sweet!!! Thanks so much for sharing this special kit!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the layout of your Grandma, she is a beautiful person!

    Thank you for the kit!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh!! this is gorgeous dear!!! I love the teapot & cup and the crossword!! how fun!! I can't wait to use it all. =o)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you very much for sharing this kit - a lot applies to my Gma's too. Love the papers, cards and crossword, I know just what pics to scrap with those, now where'd I put them?!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a sweet memory you have of your grandmother. This is a great kit to memorialize the special ones in your life. Thanks for sharing it with us.

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.